1. A minimum of 80 hours of mediation training, to include:
2. At least 60 hours of mediation case practice within the four (4) years preceding the application, with at least 30 of those hours as solo or lead mediator. Documentation of mediation case practice experience must include dates and actual hours in mediation.
3. Simple Memorandum of Understanding/Mediated Agreement and Complex Memorandum of Understanding/Mediated Agreement.
HOW TO APPLY FOR CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL MEDIATOR STATUS
1. IMA Membership. If you are not already either a student or general member, you must first join IMA. You can complete your membership application and pay the membership fee online through the IMA website.
2. Application Form. Submit the CPM application form with ALL required attachments. Be sure to fill out the form completely, and carefully check that you have included all information requested on the application form. E-mail your CPM application in PDF format to email@example.com. You must submit your application electronically.
3. $100 CPM Application Fee. Upon receipt of your submission, the IMA Administrator will prepare an invoice for the application fee. The invoice will be added to your member account, and you can pay online by logging in to the IMA website. In the alternative, you can mail a check to IMA at P. O. Box 2504, Boise, Idaho 83701. All application fees are non-refundable and payment must be received prior to the application deadline.
The Standards & Practices Committee meets in January, May, and October to review all completed applications received by the 15th of the meeting month. You will be notified in writing of the Committee’s decision. Please contact the IMA Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about certification procedures or if you need assistance to complete the application or payment process.
See the IMA Policies & Procedures for additional information on CPM status.