Applicants must have completed:
1. A minimum of 80 hours of mediation training, to include:
2. At least 60 hours of mediation case practice within the preceding four (4) years, with at least 30 of those hours as solo or lead mediator. Documentation of mediation case practice experience must include dates and actual hours in mediation.
HOW TO APPLY FOR CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL MEDIATOR STATUS
1. IMA Membership. If you are not already either a student or general member, you must first join IMA. Visit the IMA website at idahomediationassociation.org and follow the prompts on the website to join and pay the membership fee online.
2. Application Form. Submit the CPM application form with ALL required attachments. Be sure to fill out the form completely, and carefully check that you have included all information requested on the application form. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
E-mail your CPM application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail one (1) copy of your CPM application to:
Idaho Mediation Association, P. O. Box 2504, Boise, ID 83701
Application documents will not be returned.
3. $100 CPM Application Fee. If you mail your application, include payment with your paperwork. If you submit electronically, the IMA Administrator will prepare an invoice for the fee upon receipt of your application so you can pay online by logging into the IMA website. After login, click the link to the invoice on your account. Next, click the “pay with a debit or credit card” button at the very bottom of the Paypal screen and follow the prompts. Be sure to complete your payment and obtain a receipt. In the alternative, you can mail a check to the IMA address above.
The Standards & Practices Committee meets in January, May, and October to review all applications received by the 15th of the meeting month. You will be notified in writing of the Committee’s decision.
Please contact the IMA Administrator at email@example.com if you have any questions about certification procedures or need assistance to complete the application or payment process.
See the IMA Policies & Procedures for more information.
NOTE: Initial and/or renewal applications for CPM status will not be considered during an ongoing investigation by the IMA Ethics Committee concerning a grievance about the applicant.