A CPM who is unable to obtain CEUs for a period of time may request to be placed on sabbatical status by submitting a written request to the IMA Administrator at email@example.com.
For CPMs on sabbatical status, the following apply:
1. The IMA member’s name will not appear on the CPM list on the IMA website.
2. The IMA member may not advertise or otherwise hold himself or herself out as an IMA Certified Professional Mediator.
3. The IMA member must pay annual IMA dues at the CPM rate. An IMA member whose membership lapses for failure to timely pay annual dues is not eligible to reinstate CPM status.
4. The maximum period for sabbatical status is two consecutive calendar years. Sabbatical status for any portion of a calendar year constitutes an entire calendar year for the purpose of this section.
5. Prior to reinstating CPM status, the IMA member must bring CEUs current.